|Family Genealogy & History Internet Education Directory - Wiki||SEARCH This Site|
|Homework Help - Homework: Student Education - Homework: Student Research|
|Reference Help - Reference Organizations - Reference Works|
Almanac - Atlas - Citation
- Concordance -
Dictionary - Directory -
CURRENT EVENTS & INFORMATION
CNN. com: Student News and Education + World news | Education | The Guardian
Guinness World Records and Rankings, Records, Countries of the World
Internet Resources: News - For Teachers (Library of Congress)
National Center for Homeless Education (NCHE) | About NCHE
News, Media & Travel and Portal:Current Events
Open Syllabus Project - Open Syllabus Explorer
Mapping college curriculum across 1M+ syllabi.
Virtual Learning Resources Center
Academic Information Websites
Study Skills For Students: Making & Following a Study Schedule
* Assignment Help
Homework help (80% of questions get answers within 10 minutes).
* Click Self Help
Click to improve yourself.
* CliffsNotes™ and PinkMonkey.com
Literature notes, free booknotes, book notes study guides and online textbooks.
* Elementary Education
Lesson plans to homework help and more.
- Elementary School Students
Homework and study help. Free algebra, biology, environmental science,
American government, U.S. history, physics and religion homework help.
* Homework Helper [refdesk.com]
* Jiskha Homework Help
Post homework questions online and get free homework help from tutors.
- Chat With a Live Tutor
- Post a New Question
* Khan Academy: Khan Academy
- Exercise Dashboard
Learn almost anything--for free.
- YouTube™ - Khan Academy's Channel
* Learning Ace
Discover and learn.
* Learning Styles Online.com
Free information and tools to understand and use learning styles effectively.
* Marked by Teachers.com
Get coursework and essay homework help.
Social learning network where students ask questions, give help,
and connect with other students studying the same things. Make the world
one large study group, regardless of school, location, or background.
* Quiz Hub
K-12 educational quiz games (iPad compatible).
Flash cards, vocabulary memorization, and study games.
* skills4studycampus: Palgrave Study Skills
Free resources full of practical advice for university study.
Popular study guides written by Harvard University students & graduates.
* Study Guides & Strategies
Educational public service helping learners succeed.
* Study Skills
How to study site by Mangrum-Strichart Learning Resources.
* Study and Success Strategies | SLC | UC Berkeley
Meet the rigors of university coursework at UCB and elsewhere.
- ACE | Study Strategies
- Essential Guide Col Prep
- Essential Study Tips for Successful College Students | Bags In Bulk
- Prepare for College
* Test Prep Review
Online resource for test preparation.
- Free Practice Tests - Varsity Tutors
* Tutorial Resources on the Internet (pdf)
Discover pathways available through the Internet
to find the latest tutorial resources and sites.
Online tutoring and homework help. Interactive whiteboard
to work problems, simulations, assessments and other tasks.
* WyzAnt Tutoring: Discover Free Educational Resources - Lessons
Find a private tutor.
HOMEWORK: STUDENT EDUCATION:
Topic Outline of Education
* EDU - YouTube™
Provides schools access to hundreds of thousands of free educational videos.
- TED-Ed - YouTube™
Harnesses the talent of the world’s best teachers and visualizers, extending
great lessons beyond a single classroom to anyone with internet access.
- Homeschool Curriculum, Grades 2 - 12
Online curriculum for public schools, alternative and charter schools.
- Homeschool Organizations and Support Groups: Homeschool World®
Homeschooling support and encouragement.
- HSLDA | Home Schooling—International
- Homeschool: HSLDA-Home School Legal Defense Association
- USA and Canada:
- A2Z Homeschooling
Homeschooling curriculum, laws, programs and friends,
- Homeschool.com: Top 100 Educational Websites for 2016
- National Home Education Research Institute
High-quality research (e.g., statistics, facts, findings),
on home-based education (homeschooling).
* Living FAMILY & FUN Portal
Strengthen family ties with fun times, shopping, finances, home life,
working, education, recreation and social interactions.
* Schools - Colleges - Universities: Alumni & Genealogy Education
Worldwide comprehensive resource of educational institutions,
past and present students, alumni, associations, faculty,
friends and military personnel.
From the classroom to the dorm room — a student’s guide to college life.
- Lists of Universities & Colleges
- U.S. Department of Education
Topical subject resources covering all aspects of education.
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids
Provides learning tools for K-12 students, parents
and teachers on how the U.S. government works.
- Educational Associations and Organizations (archived)
- Find a School
Find schools and after-care.
- Helping Your Child With Homework
- My Child's Academic Success
Find ED programs by subject.
- Other Online Educational Resources
- Recursos en español
Education resources for Spanish speakers.
- State Contacts & Information
- Teaching Resources & Lesson Plans
Free U. S. Federal resources for educational excellence.
Includes: Arts & Music, Health & Phys Ed, Language Arts,
Math, Science, U.S. History Topics, U.S. Time Periods
and World Studies.
HOMEWORK: STUDENT RESEARCH TOOLS and TOPICS:
Learning - Research & Learning
* Academic Disciplines
- Academic Education Learning Resources: Educators
- Archives & Knowledge Management
Scholarly online resource evidence and records.
- K-12 Web Archiving
* Book - Portal:Books: (Category)
- Books - Publications: Genealogical Materials
- Genealogy - Wikibooks, Collection of Open-Content Textbooks
- Google™ Advanced Book Search
* Computer Software: Software: Genealogy Programs Support
- Childrens Educational Software
Review of books, software, videos and toys, with teacher and parent resources.
- College Tech: 101
Indispensable apps, websites, services and resources for students.
- Educational Software Reviews by Children's Technology Review
- List of Free and Open-Source Software Packages
- Review Corner
- Parent Channel Reviews Educational Software for Kids
- SuperKids Software Review - Reviews Index: New Software Reviews
Find, compare and decide about information from three sources:
public databases, primary sources (manufacturer websites) and expert sources.
* iSEEK - Education
Targeted search engine for students, teachers, administrators, and caregivers.
* News Agencies & Newswires
- News, Media & Travel
* Standards: Measurement
- Documentation & Publications: Professional Genealogical Sources
Free educational videos for K-12 students, from organized directory.
* Web Search Engine: Top Search Engines & Directories
Genealogy and family history Internet portals and browsers.
- Education: Web Searching and The Internet
Family friendly search engine.
- Internet Safety for Kids
- Microsoft Online Safety Community
Avoid common scams and safely share family history online.
- Bing for Schools
- Block Adult Content with SafeSearch - Bing
- netTrekker® from Knovation
Educational search tool for schools.
Kid safe search engine.
- Parent Strategy for Internet Safety - Programs - (USA) National PTA
- Raising Digital Citizens | StaySafeOnline.org
- Safe Search for Kids
Google™ safe search engine for kids with friendly search.
Child / kid safe search.
- For Kids: Safe Search using Google™
Now available for 246 countries.
- SafeSearch: Turn On or Off - Search Help - Google™
Websites and search engines that filter objectionable content.
- Search Education – Google™
- Basic Search Education Lesson Plans - GoogleWebSearchEducation
- Student Research Resources - Marcus P. Zillman
Student research resources on the Internet.
- Sweet Search
Search engine for students.
- Topmarks Education
UK teaching resources, interactive resources,
worksheets, homework, exam and revision help.
* Writing: Handwriting - Writing Systems & Manuscripts
- English & Literature - Writing Information
- How to Write a Term Paper (with Example Papers)
- International Writing Centers Association: Writing Centers Online
- Writing Center Directory
Indexing known college and university writing centers in the USA
and Canada; effort to catalog all English writing centers worldwide.
- Peter's Online Typing Course
Free online typing lessons for everyone.
- Typing Tutor - Learn To Type
- Virtual Keyboard Online
Type in your language, from anywhere;
on-screen virtual keyboard emulator.
- Research Guide for Students
- Scribendi.com: Resources
Proofreading and editing services.
- uw-madison writing center
Writer's Handbook - University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Portal:Contents - Overviews
- Abbreviations®.com - All Acronyms Dictionary
Directories; search engines: acronyms,
abbreviations and initialisms on the Internet.
Online dictionary and encyclopedia.
* Ask®.com - What's Your Question?
* Credo Reference: Credo Reference
Smart research starts here. Easy access to trusted content
from over 70 of the world's leading academic publishers.
- Credo Reference > Where Are You From?: Blog
Free access to Credo available through any subscribing library.
- Foreign Languages: Translations & Translators
* Internet Resources: Reference
* ipl2 Resources by Subject
Business portal for executives created by a busy executive.
- Pearson - Prentice Hall Reference Center
* Library Science: Topic Outline of Library Science
- Professional Library Sources
- Licensing Resource Links | LIBLICENSE
- Tools and Links from the Cybrarian’s Web
* Postal Codes
- Worldwide Postal Information
* Topics by Country
- CIA - The World Factbook
- Flags of the World: Vexillology
- Lists of Flags - Mooney's Flag Report - World Flag Database
- National Anthems: National Anthems of the World - Lyrics, Audio & More
- WWW Virtual Library: International Affairs Resources
General resources for all countries.
* Wolfram|Alpha: Computational Knowledge Engine
* Libraries - List of National & State Libraries
- Digital Library Projects
- Libraries & Museums
Reference shelf for the genealogist and family historian.
Information for the amateur to professional researcher,
including Harvard, the U. S. Library of Congress, public,
private, college, local, university, international,
worldwide library links and classification systems.
- Library Directories in the Best of the Web Directory
- Types of Libraries
- IASL: International Association of School Librarianship
REFERENCE WORK: Reference Work
Reference Works in the Public Domain
- List of Almanacs
- World Almanac For Kids Online
* Atlas: Portal:Atlas and Gazetteer
- Geography & Maps
- Outline Maps
- Citation Index
- Citing Sources
- Science Citation Index
* Concordance (publishing)
- Where there is no list of every word in a book,
search for individual words:
- Amazon.com: Search Inside™ the Book: Books
- Books Help - Google™
* Dictionary or Lexicon (comprehensive)
- Dictionary : Vocabulary.com
- English & Literature: Dictionaries & Information
- Visual Dictionary Online
- Zip Mouse: Dictionaries, Encyclopedias & Reference Material
* Directory - (Databases)
- Computer - Internet - Software: Genealogy Programs Support
- Music & Games
- Web Directory: List of Web Directories
- Best Free Reference Web Sites Combined Index, 1999 - 2015
- Educators / Directory of Wikis
- JoeAnt.com Directory
- Martindale's 'The Reference Desk'
International art, business, science & technology.
Reference, facts, news; free and family-friendly resources.
- Virtual Middle School Library
Sources for students, parents, teachers and librarians.
- Virtual Reference Shelf
Selected web resources by the Library of Congress.
- Voice of the Shuttle (VoS): Reference
* Encyclopedia: Encyclopedias on the Net
Lists of Encyclopedias (By Language) - List of Online Encyclopedias
- Baike.com: 互动百科-百科更权威
China's largest wiki site, (formerly Hudong and Hoodong),
is a for-profit social network in China, which includes
the world's largest Chinese Encyclopedia /news website.
- Yongle Encyclopedia
Chinese encyclopedia, the world's Biggest and Earliest Encyclopedia,
an achievement unsurpassed until the 21st century Wikipedia.
- Citizendium: Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Create the world's most trusted knowledge base.
- Encyclopædia Britannica: Britannica.com
- Encyclopædia Britannica Eleventh Edition
- Encyclopedia Britannica Lists
- Encyclopedia of Genealogy: Index
A B C D E É F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
From encyclopedias, dictionaries, and thesauruses with facts, definitions,
biographies, synonyms, pronunciation keys, word origins, and abbreviations.
Encyclopedia, almanac, atlas, biographies, dictionary, thesaurus,
with current facts, free online reference, research & homework help.
- Online Encyclopedia
Search over 40,000 articles from four encyclopedias, including
the original, classic Encyclopedia Britannica, 11th Edition.
- 21st Century Webster's Family Encyclopedia - JRank Articles
- Encyclopedia of the Nations
Information about countries of the world, United Nations, and world leaders.
- Law Library
American Law and Legal Information - JRank Articles.
- Science Encyclopedia - JRank Articles
- Scholarpedia: Scholarpedia
- Wikipedia®: The Free Encyclopedia
Written collaboratively by contributors from all around the world.
The site is a wiki, which means that anyone can edit articles,
simply by clicking on the edit this page link.
- Wikipedia: Beneath the Surface - NCSU Libraries
- List of Wikipedias - Meta
- Portal:Contents/A–Z Index
* Glossary: Portal:Contents/Glossaries
- glossaries - Google™ Book Search
- Research Tools, Articles & Forms
- Family Genealogy & History Internet Education Directory - Wiki
* How-to (Wikibooks:How-tos Bookshelf)
- How Do I Begin To Document & File Family History? An Introduction
- wikiHow [to do anything]: Categories of Articles - wikiHow Sitemap
Worldwide collaboration of thousands of people focused on one goal:
teaching anyone in the world how to do anything.
- Education and Communications
- Learning Techniques and Student Skills
- Research and Review
* Journal (Electronic Journal - Scientific Journal)
- List of Open Access Journals: Journals
* Magazine: Magazines
* Mathematical Table: MATH + Mathematics + Education
- Mathematical Tables - Google™ Book Search
- Surname Newsgroups: Blogs, Genealogy Newsletters & Periodicals
* Periodical Literature: International Standard Serial Number
- ISSN | : issn - Google Sheets
- Periodical & Microform Resources
* Scientific Table - Images
- Scientific Reference Tables
- Wordsmyth (Dictionary - Thesaurus)
Reference and Homework Help
Copyright © 1997-2016 By: V. Chris & Thomas M. Tinney, Sr.
All rights reserved. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return To: Family Genealogy and History Internet Education Directory - Wiki