Teacher resources and lesson aids for guiding the eager student.
|Family Genealogy & History Internet Education Directory™ - Wiki|
|Administration: Associations||Professional Communications & Teacher Education|
|Lesson Plans, Teacher Helps & Homework||Media & Instruction for Schools|
|Publications Resource: General - Specific||Special Subjects & Interests|
|Student Databases & Parent Resources||Web Searching & The Internet|
Academic & University News
Chronicle of Higher Education
Education Center US News Education
Education International - Latest News
Education Week ----- News and Issues
EducationNews.org: Global Coverage
Iste® International Soc for Tech In Ed
National Teaching & Learning Forum
New York Times --- Learning Network
PBS NewsHour Extra Teacher Center
Technological Horizons in Education
World Education ---- Websites
World Education Blog: Links
Topic Outline of
Academic Administration: Academic Education Learning Resources - Education
Educational Leadership: NCEE > Center on International Education Benchmarking
NCEE | Comparative Data for Top Performing Countries: Top Performing Countries
* Association for Practical and Professional Ethics
Advancing scholarship, education, and practice in practical and professional ethics.
* Education International - Country Profiles Overview
World's largest educators' federation.
- AEDE - European Association of Teachers: Useful Links
- Teachers of India: Partners | Teachers of India
- Centre for Learning Resources
- United States Department of Education: Non-Public Education Organizations
- ACE: American Council on Education®
Major coordinating body for all the nation's higher education institutions.
- American Association of University Women: Resources
- College/University Member: AAUW
- NCCWSL - National Conference for College Women Student Leaders
- American Federation of Teachers
- Association of Teacher Educators
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation: K-12 Education
- CAPSO – National Education Organizations
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- List of NCATE Accredited Institutions
- Educational Associations and Organizations (archived)
- National Education Association
- National PTA®
- Top Tasks -- ED.gov: Teachers - ED.gov
* Graduate Women International (GWI)
Empowering women and girls through lifelong education.
- Our Membership | Graduate Women International (GWI)
* PDK - Phi Delta Kappa International
Growing and connecting leaders in education.
* World Education Research Association (WERA): WERA Members
- Education Research Associations / Networks Around The World
PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATIONS and TEACHER EDUCATION:
Professor: List of Academic Ranks
* Apple - Education
- Education - Our Products - Apple
- iPad - iTunes U - Apple
- Education - App Store Downloads on iTunes
* Assessment Commons: View All Resources
Internet resources for higher education outcomes assessment.
* CengageUS: Free Companion Content Search
- Becoming a Teacher in a Field-Based Setting: WWW Links
Introduction to education, classrooms and instructional resources.
* Center for Teaching Excellence
Building KU's Teaching and Learning Community.
* Higher Education Academy
Helps institutions, discipline groups and all staff to provide
the best possible learning experience for their students.
UK networking opportunities in four discipline clusters.
* MERLOT II
Curated collection of free and open online teaching, learning, and faculty
development services contributed and used by international education Communities.
* National Communication Association (USA): Teaching and Learning
Communication studies in higher education.
* National Education Association (USA) - Teacher Quality
- NEA - Reference Center
* NoodleTools: Free Tools
* Normal School
- List of Normal Schools by Country
* OpenStax CNX: Sharing Knowledge & Building Communities - OpenStax CNX
Global repository of free educational content, at all levels; from children
to college students. to professionals; in small modules that can be organized
as courses, books, reports or other academic assignments.
* PBS TeacherLine®
Professional development for PreK-12 educators.
* Teacher Resources | Library of Congress
Bringing the power of primary sources into the classroom.
- Professional Development: Take Online Modules
Inform, empower, and encourage aspiring, new, and veteran USA teachers.
Teacher chat, information, lesson plans and teaching careers.
* Teachers Network
Enables teachers to collaborate in order to grow professionally.
Helping teachers shape the future.
* Teaching Channel - Getting Better Together
Videos, teaching strategies and lesson plans for teachers.
* Teaching Excellence in Higher Education. (Book, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
Teachers at the university and high school levels can achieve teaching excellence
by grounding their teaching in pedagogical theory that takes into account students'
abilities and the ultimate goals of teaching: to develop students' capacities
for thought, reflection, questioning, and engagement to their fullest extent.
- CTE - Higher Ed Bibliography
* TES - Education Jobs, Teaching Resources, Magazine & Forums: Teaching Resources
Largest network of teachers in the world.
* UNESCO | Building Peace in the Minds of Men and Women
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
- Education for the 21st Century: Resources
* VoS - Voice of the Shuttle
* We The Teachers
LESSON PLANS, TEACHER HELPS and HOMEWORK: WikiTeach
* American Association of School Librarians (AASL)
- Best Websites for Teaching & Learning
- Landmark Websites for Teaching & Learning
* Collaborize Classroom Library
Online education technology for teachers and students. Designed to complement
classroom instruction and engage students in online activities, assignments and
discussions that allow for deeper participation inside and outside the classroom.
* Cornell University Center for Advanced Computing (CAC)
K-12 Science & Arts Gateway for Education (SAGE), that provides educators
and students with links to lesson planning and learning resources in science,
mathematics, and the arts.
* Curriki - Free (Open Educational) Learning Resources for the World
Find free to use learning and teaching content from diverse content providers
and educators from around the world. Classroom teachers from every country
in the world take part in a global community of sharing curriculum and best
practices. Nonprofit K-12 global community for teachers, students, and parents to
create, share, and find learning resources that enable true personalized learning.
* EDSITEment | The Best of the Humanities on the Web
Teacher resource lesson plans and at-home activities.
- Best-of the-Web Spanish Language Websites
- Lesson Plans
- Student Resources
* Education World®
Connecting educators to what works.
* Educational Technology & Mobile Learning: Site Map
Extensive resource of educational web tools
and mobile apps for teachers and educators.
- All Categories
21st Century Teaching Resources, Teachers Web Tools, Google™ Tools for Teachers,
Educational iPad Apps, Content Area Resources, & Educational Social Networking.
* Free Technology for Teachers
* Gateway to 21st Century Skills (archived)
* HotChalk® Global Learning Management System
Connecting teachers, students and parents.
- Free Lesson Plans For Teachers, By Teachers | LessonPlansPage.com
Over 4,000 lesson plans for teachers by teachers.
* Lesson Plans Library
Kindergarten, elementary, middle school and high school lesson plans.
* LESSON PLANET®
Where teachers go to find, plan, share and inspire.
* linksforteachers: opensourceresources
Free & Open Source.
* PBS LearningMedia [Sample: Results for genealogy]
PBS and WGBH Educational Foundation.
* Reach Every Child
Lesson plans and teaching kits to primary source materials for student research.
Provide educators, parents, and afterschool professionals with access
to the highest quality practices in reading and language arts instruction
by offering the very best in free materials.
Students and teachers website to safely share videos online; approved
by over a dozen National Education Associations for use in K-12 schools.
* Share My Lesson | Free Lesson Plans & Teacher Resources
- Professional Development Resources
- Standards Center
Up-to-date on any standards changes so that you can find or tag
your uploaded resource to the standard you teach.
* Sophia®: Sophia® for Teachers
Social teaching and learning network (platform) focused solely on education.
It taps the teacher in all of us and enhances the learning process by providing
access to a wealth of knowledge, help, instruction, standards-aligned content,
and expertise available to learners everywhere.
* Teachers Notebook
Ideas Worth Sharing™.
Thinking Teachers Teaching Thinkers®
Online teacher made videos.
Teaching resources and strategies for K-12.
* Timesavers for Teachers.com
Classroom forms, masters and worksheets.
- Printable Teacher Worksheets, Elementary Worksheets
* USA Today Educate
Teacher and student resources and guides to build K-12 lesson plans.
* VideoLectures.NET: Academic Organisations
Free and open access educational video lectures repository.
S * Wikispaces Classroom
Get your students excited about learning in a modern,
easy-to-use environment with the web tools they know and love.
MEDIA and INSTRUCTION for SCHOOLS
* Annenberg Learner
Teacher professional development; uses media and telecommunications
to advance excellent teaching in American schools. Many programs
are also intended for students in the classroom and viewers at home.
Enables institutions to embrace the full power of the Internet
with access to any learning resource at any time from any place.
* Centre for Learning & Performance Technologies
Making sense of e-learning trends, technologies and tools.
- Directory of Learning & Performance Tools – C4LPT
Over 1,000 entries for learning and working in education and the workplace.
- New Book: Learning in the Modern Workplace 2017
- Resources – C4LPT
- The Modern Professional Learner’s Toolkit – Modern Workplace Learning Magazine
- Top 200 Tools for Learning – Top Tools for Learning 2016
* Education on TV - Effectiveness of Video Education
- HBO Kids: Sesame Street | Preschool Games, Videos, & Coloring Pages
- PBS KIDS: The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That!
- Preschool Games, Nick Jr. Show Full Episodes, Video Clips on Nick Jr.
- Schoolhouse Rock! Products | Disney Movies
* Education - YouTube™
Access to hundreds of thousands of free educational videos.
- CrashCourse - YouTube™
- FamilySearch - YouTube™
- Google™ for Education - YouTube™
- Khan Academy - YouTube™
- Mental Floss - YouTube™
- MinutePhysics - YouTube™
- SciShow - YouTube™
- Teachers - YouTube™
- TED-Ed - YouTube™
* Educational Uses of Digital Storytelling
Serves as a useful resource for educators and students who are interested
in how digital storytelling can be integrated into a variety of educational activities.
Today the use of digital storytelling is being practiced in neighborhood community
centers, schools, libraries and businesses, by novice technology users to those with
advanced skills. In the field of education, teachers and their students, from early
childhood classrooms through graduate school, are using digital storytelling
in many different content areas and across a wide range of grade levels.
Nonprofit association and the foremost community of IT leaders
and professionals committed to advancing higher education.
- Connect and Contribute
- Research and Publications
- Teaching and Learning
* Eliademy | Create your own online course
E-learning platform that allows educators and students to create,
share and manage online courses. It is a free alternative to Moodle,
Blackboard and other commercial learning management systems.
* Intel® Education: Free Teaching Resources, Tools
Enhanced learning with educational technology.
- Intel® Teaching Idea Showcase
* Learning Management System | LMS Software | D2L
* MediaStudies.com: News International
Helps advance research and education in media analysis and critical thinking.
Canadian not-for-profit charitable organization for digital and media literacy.
Our vision is that children and youth have the critical thinking skills to engage
with media as active and informed digital citizens.
* Moodle - Open-source learning platform | Moodle.org
Robust, secure and integrated system to create personalised learning environments.
- Totara LMS
Change how learning technologies are developed, delivered and purchased.
Enhancing communication between teachers, parents and students.
* Online Teaching and Learning
UW Colleges Virtual Teaching & Learning Center.
* Open Colleges - InformED: 50 Educational Podcasts You Should Check Out
- Podcast Directory for Educators, Schools & Colleges
- Selected Home, School & College Podcast Channels
- Using Podcasts in Education
* Open Culture: 200 Free Kids Educational Resources
Free cultural and educational media on the web.
- Free Audiobooks, Ebooks and Textbooks
- Free Educational (Mobile) apps (Mostly for iPhone/iPad)
- Free Foreign Language Lessons
- Free Video Lessons/Tutorials
- Free Web Resources (Academic)
Art & Visual Culture; Geography; History & Politics; Literature;
Mathematics; Music; Philosophy; Science; and, Technology.
- Quality YouTube™ Channels
- Test Prep Materials - General Reference - Teacher & Parent Resources
* ProQuest® - Schools
Digital teaching and learning resources for K-12 schools and libraries.
* Slideshare: PowerPoint in the Classroom
World's largest community for sharing presentations; supports documents,
PDFs, videos and webinars. Upload and share PowerPoint presentations.
- Explore: Art & Photos - Education - Entertainment & Humor
Health & Medicine - Social Media - Technology
* SchoolsWorld.tv: Useful Links
United Kingdom multimedia platform, providing innovative
and informative content for everyone involved with or wanting
to be involved in schools. Besides all the content from Teachers TV,
there is something for everyone: videos, interactive games, work sheets,
fact sheets, information and latest education news.
* Teach With Movies
Use entertainment as a learning tool.
* Teachers Media® International
UK free education videos and resources for professional development.
* Video Conferencing [PowerPoint Presentation (pdf)]
How classroom video conferencing works.
One of the world’s largest cloud-based education platforms.
PUBLICATIONS RESOURCE: Ulrich's Periodicals Directory
GENERAL: Education - Google™ Book Search
* Books - Publications: Genealogical Materials
* ERIC - Education Resources Information Center
Free access to bibliographic records of journal articles,
other education-related materials and links to full text, if available.
* Research Society for American Periodicals
Resources for research: periodicals.
* ULRICHSWEB™ - Global Serials Directory: Ulrichsweb™
* UNESCO Publications
* Web Pages for Scholarly Societies
* What's New in Family History, Genealogy & Local History Books?
SPECIFIC: Google™ Scholar - Microsoft® Academic Search - ScienceDirect.com
15 Educational Search Engines College Students Should Know About
* CITE Journal – Contemporary Issues in Technology And Teacher Education
Online, peer-reviewed journal, sponsored
by AMTE, ASTE, NCSS-CUFA, CEE and SITE.
* Creative Teaching Press®
Family-owned and teacher-managed supplemental
educational publisher for children ages 3–14, grades PreK–8.
* Education Magazines
Education magazines and journals online.
* Learned Society Resources
* Remedia Publications
Develops basic skills for children and young adults.
* Scholastic: Global Websites | Scholastic International
Promotes literacy with books for kids of all ages and reading levels.
- Scholastic Book Fairs - Your Reading Partner
- Teaching Resources
Teacher Express for eBooks, binders, supplies and sales from Scholastic.
Developing free and open educational content for the world.
SPECIAL SUBJECTS and INTERESTS: Teacher
* Academic Disciplines Outline
- Glossary of Education Terms
- 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
* American Bar Association: Division for Public Education
Promotes public understanding of law and its role in society.
* American Folklife Center: Index
Educational resources for teaching, learning and research.
* Benchmarks Online ~ Project 2061 ~ AAAS
What all students should know or be able to do
by the end of grades 2, 5, 8, and 12.
- Common Themes - Designed World
Habits of Mind - Historical Perspectives
Human Organism - Human Society
Living Environment - Mathematical World
Mathematics - Physical Setting
Science - Technology
* Disability Resources
For people with disabilities, their families and friends.
Economic lesson materials for K-12 teachers.
* Education | Asia Society
Education and learning.
* ePals Global Community
Safe collaborative technology for schools to connect
and learn in a protected, project-based learning network.
* Family Genealogy and History Internet Education Directory™ - Wiki
- Digital History: American Private Life
- Family History in the Classroom
- Genealogy Basics, Tips, and Tutorials
- Genealogy in the Classroom
- Genealogy Lesson Plans Reviewed by Teachers
- Where I Come From
Take research heritage a step beyond the construction of a family tree.
Travel through cyberspace to find out what's happening in ancestral
homelands today and explore the sense of connection to these places.
* Holidays: Calendars & Clocks
- Earth Calendar - Celebrate Every Day
- Festival: Fest300 - The World’s Best Festivals | Everfest
- Lists of Festivals (worldwide)
- USA: Festivals and Events, Festival Vendors, Festival Entertainers
* Holocaust Educational Resources for Students and Teachers
People's history of the Holocaust and genocide.
* Latin American Network Information Center
* Medical & Health: Genetics, Genealogy & History: Fitness
- HBSC: Health Behaviour in School-aged Children
- PE Central®
For health and physical education teachers.
- Whole Child Education: Resources
* Mineral Information (Mines & Mning History)
- Mining Schools and Universities
* Olympics | Olympic Games, Medals, Results, News | IOC
- National Olympic Committees (NOC) - Olympic Movement
- Olympic Channel | Where The Games Never End
* Photography & Clipart Resources
* Regional Educational Laboratory Program - USA
United States network of support for research-based school reform.
- Regional Laboratories: Regional Educational Laboratory: Ask a REL
* Science, Technology & How Things Work
Science foundations and all aspects of scientific education,
for K-12 students to advanced experts.
* Smithsonian Education
Gateway to Smithsonian educational resources.
* Student's Friend World History & Geography: Index
* Teaching Resources - National Geographic Society
* U.S. History Lesson Plans
* World History Lesson Plans
STUDENT DATABASES and PARENT RESOURCES: Learning Sciences - Student
* CIRCL - International Research in Childhood: Literature, Culture, Media
- Other Interesting Sites - CIRCL
* Education - Data.gov
Explore education datasets, apps, resources for the classroom, and details
about paying for college. These datasets cover education at all levels.
* emTech Consulting
Emerging Technologies resources organized by topics for teachers, students & parents.
* Family Education Network®
Source of educational content, resources, and shopping for parents, teachers and kids.
* Great Websites for Kids: Sites for Parents, Caregivers, Teachers & Others
- Selection Criteria by the Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC),
a division of the American Library Association.
* Houghton Mifflin Pre-K-6 Education Place®
Resources for elementary school teachers, students and parents.
Guide to homework help, and educational games websites.
* PBS Parents
Parenting tips and parenting advice.
* Reference & Homework Help
Database and search sites for students, parents, educators and the general public.
* Schools, Colleges, Universities, Alumni & Genealogy Education
Worldwide comprehensive resource of educational institutions,
past and present students, alumni, associations, faculty,
friends and military personnel.
* Small Planet Communications, Inc.: Teaching Resources
- Create Your Own Web Page
- Links and Information for Parents
General information and links on how to help your child develop
reading skills and how to get involved and foster literacy.
- Links for Kids
Students can safely surf through these educational (and fun) sites
that we've reviewed for appropriate and reliable content.
- Links for Teachers
Small Planet regularly scours the web to find free resources for educators.
WEB SEARCHING and the INTERNET: Internet Usage & Social Media Statistics
Education in the Best of the Web Directory
Effective Technology Integration into Education | Scoop.it
* Awesome Library
Topic-by-topic breakdown of the best sites on the Internet,
including the top five (5 %) percent in education.
Lesson plans for educators: National Council for Open Education.
* Google™ for Education
A solution built for teachers and students.
- Google™ for Education: Bringing Learning Online
* Harvard Graduate School of Education: Websites for Educators
Collection of professionally chosen Internet links,
to freely available sites of interest to educators.
* iEARN Collaboration Centre: Participating Countries
World's largest non-profit global network that enables teachers
and youth to use the Internet and other technologies to collaborate
on projects that enhance learning and make a difference in the world.
* iNACOL - International Association for K -12 Online Learning: Resources
* MakeUseOf - Technology, Simplified: Posts tagged: Best Of
Technology website, focused on bridging the connection between users,
computers, devices and the Internet through education.
- Best Websites on the Internet
Makes it easy to find manuals online.
Search for Music using your voice by singing or humming.
* No Excuse List
Best place on the web to learn anything, free.
Have rich, engaging discussions of online documents
no matter how large (or small) your class or collaboration group.
* Online Education & Resources: Research Resources and Research Tools
Distance education and electronic learning, with online research tools.
- Searchable Directory of Selected Journals in Online and Distance Learning
* TinEye Reverse Image Search
Search by image and find where that image appears online.
* Top Search Engines & Directories
Worldwide search engine information and databases
for webmasters and other research specialists.
* Virtual Learning Resources Center
Indexes thousands of the best academic information websites,
selected by teachers and library professionals worldwide, in order
to provide to students and teachers current, valid information
for school and university academic projects.
* WebExhibits Catalogue
Highest quality and most interesting exhibits in the Internet.
Accelerated Teacher Resources
Copyright © 1997-2017 By: V. Chris & Thomas M. Tinney, Sr.
All rights reserved. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return To: Family Genealogy & History Internet Education Directory™ - Wiki