Teacher resources and lesson aids for guiding the eager student.
|Family Genealogy & History Internet Education Directory - Wiki|
|Administration: Associations||Professional Communications & Teacher Education|
|Lesson Plans, Teacher Helps & Homework||Media & Instruction for Schools|
|Publications Resource: General - Specific||Special Subjects & Interests|
|Student Databases & Parent Resources||Web Searching & The Internet|
****Chronicle of Higher Education*****
Education Center US News Education
Education Week News and Issues
EducationNews.org Global Coverage
iste® International Soc for Tech In Ed
National Teaching & Learning Forum
NYTimes The Learning Network Blog
PBS NewsHour Extra Teacher Center
Technological Horizons in Education
USA TODAY® Education: K-12
World Education ---- Websites
World Education Blog: Links
Topic Outline of
Academic Administration: Academic Education Learning Resources - Education
Educational Leadership: NCEE > Center on International Education Benchmarking
NCEE > Comparative Data for Top Performing Countries: Top Performing Countries
* Association for Practical & Professional Ethics
* Education International
World's largest educators' federation.
- European Association of Teachers: AEDE: Teachers Resources
- Teachers of India: Partners | Teachers of India
- Centre for Learning Resources
- UNITED STATES: Private and public organizations.
- ACE: American Council on Education™
Major coordinating body for all the nation's higher education institutions.
- American Association of University Women: Resources
- AAUW Branches and C/U Partners
- National Conference For College Women Student Leaders
- American Federation of Teachers
- Association of Teacher Educators
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- National Education Association
- National PTA®
- U.S. Department of Education
- Educational Associations & Organizations
- Teachers - ED.gov
* IFUW - International Federation of University Women
Empowering women and girls through lifelong education.
- IFUW National Federations & Associations
* PDK - Phi Delta Kappa International
Growing and connecting leaders in education.
PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATIONS and TEACHER EDUCATION:
Professor: List of Academic Ranks
* Apple and Education
- Education - iPad Makes The Perfect Learning Companion: Resources
- Apple - iTunes U
Learn anything, anywhere, anytime.
- Education - Mac in Education - Resources
* Becoming a Teacher in a Field-Based Setting: WWW Links
Introduction to education, classrooms and instructional resources.
* Connexions® - Sharing Knowledge & Building Communities
Collection of free scholarly materials and a powerful set of free software tools to help.
View and share educational material made of small knowledge chunks called modules
that can be organized as courses, books, reports, etc. Anyone may view or contribute:
authors create and collaborate; instructors rapidly build and share custom collections;
learners find and explore content.
* Higher Education Academy
Helps institutions, discipline groups and all staff to provide
the best possible learning experience for their students.
- Higher Education Academy - Subject Centres
UK subject-specific, twenty four subject centres, nation-wide support network.
* Internet Resources for Higher Education Outcomes Assessment
Use the browser's Find (Ctrl-F) function to locate information about a particular topic.
* KU: Center for Teaching Excellence
Worldwide information about teaching and learning centers in higher education.
* MERLOT (II)
Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching.
Online Communities of staff, volunteers, and members who work together
in various ways to provide users of OER (Open Educational Resource) teaching
and learning materials with a wealth of services and functions that can enhance
their instructional experience.
* National Communication Association (USA)
Communication studies in higher education.
* National Education Association (USA) - Teacher Quality
- NEA - Reference Center
* NoodleTools Teacher Resources
* PBS TeacherLine®
Professional development for PreK-12 educators.
* Teachers Helping Teachers
Education site written by teachers for teachers.
Teacher chat, information, lesson plans and teaching careers.
* Teachers Network
Enables teachers to collaborate in order to grow professionally.
* UNESCO | Building Peace in the Minds of Men and Women
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization.
- Education For All: EFA Goals
Six internationally agreed education goals aim to meet
the learning needs of all children, youth and adults by 2015.
- Education for the 21st Century: Resources
* VoS - Voice of the Shuttle
* We The Teachers
* Websites - Teaching Excellence in Higher Education
Research Guides at University of Houston-Downtown.
- CTE - Higher Ed Bibliography
LESSON PLANS, TEACHER HELPS and HOMEWORK: WikiTeach
* Best Websites for Teaching & Learning
American Association of School Librarians (AASL).
- Landmark Websites For Teaching & Learning
* Collaborize Classroom
Online education technology for teachers and students. Designed to complement
classroom instruction and engage students in online activities, assignments and
discussions that allow for deeper participation inside and outside the classroom.
* Curriki - Free (Open Educational) Learning Resources for the World
Find free to use learning and teaching content from diverse content providers
and educators from around the world. Classroom teachers from every country
in the world take part in a global community of sharing curriculum and best
practices. Nonprofit K-12 global community for teachers, students, and parents to
create, share, and find learning resources that enable true personalized learning.
* EDSITEment | The Best of the Humanities on the Web
Teacher resource lesson plans and at-home activities.
- Best-of the-Web Spanish Language Websites
- Lesson Plans
- Student Resources
* Education World®
The Educator's best friend™
* Educational Technology & Mobile Learning: Site Map
Extensive resource of educational web tools
and mobile apps for teachers and educators.
- All Categories
21st Century Teaching Resources, Teachers Web Tools, Google™ Tools for Teachers,
Educational iPad Apps, Content Area Resources, & Educational Social Networking.
* For Teachers (Library of Congress)
Bringing the power of primary sources into the classroom.
- Internet Resources: Lesson Plans & Other Teaching Aids
* Free Technology for Teachers
* Gateway to 21st Century Skills: Advanced Search
Quick and easy access to thousands of educational resources found
at federal, state, university, non-profit, and commercial Internet sites.
* HotChalk® Global Learning Management System
Connecting teachers, students and parents.
- Hotchalks Lesson Plans Page
Over 4,000 lesson plans for teachers by teachers.
* Lesson Plan Library
Kindergarten, elementary, middle school and high school lesson plans.
* LESSON PLANET®
Search 350,000+ teacher reviewed online lesson plans and worksheets.
* PBS Teachers
Resources for the classroom.
* Reach Every Child
Lesson plans and teaching kits to primary source materials for student research.
Students and teachers website to safely share videos online; approved
by over a dozen National Education Associations for use in K-12 schools.
* Share My Lesson - Free K-12 Lesson Plans & Teaching Resources
- Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans & Educational Worksheets
Aligned to common core state standards, covering all aspects of the standards,
from advice and guides to help with dedicated resources that support the standards.
A space for educators to share free K-12 learning materials, including activities,
worksheets and lesson plans. Discover how you can upload or download
resources on a number of subjects for students at any grade.
Social teaching and learning network (platform) focused solely on education.
It taps the teacher in all of us and enhances the learning process by providing
access to a wealth of knowledge, help, instruction, standards-aligned content,
and expertise available to learners everywhere.
* Teachers Notebook
Ideas Worth Sharing™.
Thinking Teachers Teaching Thinkers®
Online teacher made videos.
Teacher lesson plans, printables, and worksheets by grade or subject.
* Timesavers for Teachers
Classroom forms, masters and worksheets.
- Printable Teacher Worksheets, Elementary Worksheets
* Verizon Thinkfinity.org
Thousands of free lesson plans and educational resources for teachers.
Exchange ideas and share knowledge.
Free educational videos for K-12 students.
* World Lecture Hall
Publishes links to pages created by faculty worldwide,
who are using the Web to deliver course materials in any language.
MEDIA and INSTRUCTION for SCHOOLS
* Annenberg CPB Channel
Free satellite channel for schools, colleges, libraries, public broadcasting stations,
public access channels and other community agencies.
Enables institutions to embrace the full power of the Internet
with access to any learning resource at any time from any place.
* Cable in the Classroom
CIC is the U.S. cable industry’s education foundation;
to foster the use of cable content and technology to expand
and enhance learning for children and youth nationwide.
* Centre for Learning & Performance Technologies
Making sense of e-learning trends, technologies and tools.
- Directory of Learning & Performance Tools
Over 2,000 tools for learning and working in education and the workplace.
- Social Learning Handbook 2014
- Top 100 Tools for Learning
* Education - YouTube™: YouTube™ for Schools - YouTube™
Access to hundreds of thousands of free educational videos.
- Channels Directory for Lifelong Learning: Lifelong Learning
- Channels Directory for Primary & Secondary Education: Primary & Secondary
- Channels Directory for University: University
- CrashCourse - YouTube™
- Khan Academy - YouTube™
- Mental Floss - YouTube™
- MinutePhysics - YouTube™
- SciShow - YouTube™
- Teachers - YouTube™
* Educational Uses of Digital Storytelling
Serves as a useful resource for educators and students who are interested
in how digital storytelling can be integrated into a variety of educational activities.
Today the use of digital storytelling is being practiced in neighborhood community
centers, schools, libraries and businesses, by novice technology users to those with
advanced skills. In the field of education, teachers and their students, from early
childhood classrooms through graduate school, are using digital storytelling
in many different content areas and across a wide range of grade levels.
Nonprofit association and the foremost community of IT leaders
and professionals committed to advancing higher education.
- Connect and Contribute
- Research and Publications
- Teaching and Learning
- Wiki: Wiki Index
* Intel® Education: All Programs
Improving 21st century teaching and learning.
- Free Teaching Resources, Tools
- Intel® Education Initiative
- Intel® Support and Resources for IT Managers in Education
- Intel® Teach Program Worldwide
Helps advance research and education in media analysis and critical thinking.
Canadian not-for-profit charitable organization for digital and media literacy.
Our vision is that children and youth have the critical thinking skills to engage
with media as active and informed digital citizens.
Enhancing communication between teachers, parents and students.
* Online Teaching and Learning
UW Colleges Virtual Teaching & Learning Center.
* Open Colleges - InformED: 50 Educational Podcasts You Should Check Out
- Podcast Directory for Educators, Schools & Colleges
- Selected Home, School & College Podcast Channels
- Using Podcasts in Education
* ProQuest K-12 - Educator Tools & Lesson Plans
Digital teaching and learning resources for K-12 schools and libraries.
* Slideshare: PowerPoint in the Classroom
World's largest community for sharing presentations; supports documents,
PDFs, videos and webinars. Upload and share PowerPoint presentations.
- Books - Education - Entertainment - Health & Medicine - Humor - Photos - Tech.
* SchoolsWorld.tv: Useful Links
United Kingdom multimedia platform, providing innovative
and informative content for everyone involved with or wanting
to be involved in schools. Besides all the content from Teachers TV,
there is something for everyone: videos, interactive games, work sheets,
fact sheets, information and latest education news.
* Teach With Movies
Use entertainment as a learning tool.
* Teachers Media
UK free education videos and resources for professional development.
* Videoconferencing for Learning
Technology, instructional applications and resources for finding and collaborating
with other videoconferencing teachers, librarians, and content providers.
PUBLICATIONS RESOURCE: Ulrich's Periodicals Directory
GENERAL: Education - Google™ Book Search
* Books - Publications: Genealogical Materials
* ERIC - Education Resources Information Center
Free access to bibliographic records of journal articles,
other education-related materials and links to full text, if available.
* Research Society for American Periodicals
Resources for research: periodicals.
* Serials in Cyberspace
Selective listings of worldwide web sites and resources,
having electronic journal collections and services.
* UNESCO Publications
* Web Pages for Scholarly Societies
* What's New in Family History, Genealogy & Local History Books?
SPECIFIC: Google™ Scholar - Microsoft® Academic Search - Organisations
* CITE Journal
Online, peer-reviewed journal, sponsored
by AMTE, ASTE, NCSS-CUFA, CEE and SITE.
* Creative Teaching Press®
Family-owned and teacher-managed supplemental
educational publisher for children ages 3–14, grades PreK–8.
* Education Magazines
Education magazines and journals online.
* Remedia Publications
Develops basic skills for children and young adults.
* Scholastic: About Scholastic | International
Literacy resources and children's books for kids of all ages.
- Scholastic Book Fairs - Your Reading Partner
- Scholastic Teacher Express
Downloadable teaching resources eBooks and ePages.
Developing free and open educational content for the world.
SPECIAL SUBJECTS and INTERESTS: Teacher
* Academic Disciplines - Wikipedia®
- Glossary of Education Related Terms
- 0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
* American Bar Association: Division for Public Education
Promotes public understanding of law and its role in society.
* Benchmarks Online ~ Project 2061 ~ AAAS
What all students should know or be able to do
by the end of grades 2, 5, 8, and 12.
- Common Themes - Designed World
Habits of Mind - Historical Perspectives
Human Organism - Human Society
Living Environment - Mathematical World
Mathematics - Physical Setting
Science - Technology
* Connections - A Global Education Initiative
Promote students' understanding of world cultures and U.S. Olympic values.
* Disability Resources
For people with disabilities, their families and friends.
Economic lesson materials for K-12 teachers.
* Education | Asia Society
Education and learning.
* ePals Global Community: ePals Central
Safe collaborative technology for schools to connect
and learn in a protected, project-based learning network.
Teacher Resources: Lesson Plans, Worksheets, Printables.
* Family Genealogy & History Internet Education Directory - Wiki
- Family History in the Classroom
- Family History in the Classroom - Resources for Teachers
- Genealogy in the Classroom
- Genealogy Lesson Plans Reviewed by Teachers
- Teaching Family History: An Annotated Bibliography
- Where I Come From
Take research heritage a step beyond the construction of a family tree.
Travel through cyberspace to find out what's happening in ancestral
homelands today and explore the sense of connection to these places.
* Holidays: Calendars & Clocks
- Earth Calendar - Celebrate Every Day
- Festivals - Worldwide
* Latin American Network Information Center
* Medical & Health: Genetics, Genealogy & History: Fitness
- HBSC: Health Behaviour in School-aged Children
- PE Central®
For health and physical education teachers.
- Whole Child Education: Resources
* Mineral Information (Mines & Mning History)
- Mining Educators Website
* Photography & Clipart Resources
* Regional Education Laboratories
United States network of support for research-based school reform.
- Regional Laboratories: Regional Educational Laboratory: Ask a REL
* Science, Technology & How Things Work
Science foundations and all aspects of scientific education,
for K-12 students to advanced experts.
* Smithsonian Education
Gateway to Smithsonian educational resources.
* Teacher's Guide to Folklife
Resources for K-12 classrooms.
* Teachers Homepage - National Geographic Education
* Teaching Guide to the Holocaust
Education and legacy forum for teaching the holocaust.
* Teaching History & Geography
Fundamental issues of teaching world history and geography.
- History Lesson Plans & Resources
STUDENT DATABASES and PARENT RESOURCES: Learning Sciences - Student
* CIRCL: Centre for International Research in Childhood: Literature, Culture & Media
- Other Interesting Sites - Academic Children's Literature Studies Sites
* Education | Data.gov
Serves as a central guide for education data resources including high-value data sets,
data visualization tools, resources for the classroom, applications created from open
data and more. These datasets have been gathered from various agencies to provide
detailed information on the state of education on all levels,
from cradle to career and beyond.
* emTech Consulting
Emerging Technologies resources organized by topics for teachers, students & parents.
* Family Education Network®
Source of educational content, resources, and shopping for parents, teachers and kids.
* Great Websites for Kids: Sites for Parents, Caregivers, Teachers & Others
- Selection Criteria by the Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC),
a division of the American Library Association.
* Houghton Mifflin Pre-K-6 Education Place®
Resources for elementary school teachers, students and parents.
Guide to homework help, and educational games websites.
* PBS Parents
Parenting tips and parenting advice.
* Reference & Homework Help
Database and search sites for students, parents, educators and the general public.
* Schools, Colleges, Universities, Alumni & Genealogy Education
Worldwide comprehensive resource of educational institutions,
past and present students, alumni, associations, faculty,
friends and military personnel.
WEB SEARCHING and the INTERNET: Education in the Best of the Web Directory
Filamentality: AT&T Knowledge Network Explorer
Fill-in-the-blank tool that assists in picking a topic, searching the Internet,
gathering good Internet links, and turning them to online learning activities.
Educational support at Filamentality WebQuest Teacher Guide.
* Awesome Library and Education Resources
Topic-by-topic breakdown of the best sites on the Internet,
including the top five (5 %) percent in education.
* Educator's Reference Desk: Resource Guides
High-quality resources and services to the education community.
* FREE - Federal Registry for Educational Excellence
Currently, over 372,000 learning resources registered; digital teaching
and learning resources created and maintained by the federal government
and public and private organizations.
* Free Teaching Resources
Association of Teacher Websites.
* Google™ in Education - For Teachers
Support teachers in their efforts to empower students
and expand the frontiers of human knowledge.
- Google™ in Education - Google+
* Harvard Graduate School of Education
Collection of professionally chosen Internet links,
to freely available sites of interest to educators.
* iEARN - International Education & Resource Network
World's largest non-profit global network that enables teachers
and youth to use the Internet and other technologies to collaborate
on projects that enhance learning and make a difference in the world.
* Internet Resources: Using The Internet
For Teachers (Library of Congress).
* Landmarks for Schools: Words of Humankind
Information and tools designed to help redefine literacy for the 21st Century.
* Netskills: Share e-Learning, supporting organisations, web development
and working on the web. Make effective use of innovative technology.
A centre of expertise and knowledge - supporting and enabling the education
community to make effective, sustainable and innovative use of technology.
* Online Education & Resources
Distance education and electronic learning.
* Tired Teacher's Website K-12
Grades K-12 source materials, lesson plans and classroom activities.
* Top Search Engines & Directories
Worldwide search engine information and databases
for webmasters and other research specialists.
* Virtual Learning Resources Center
Indexes thousands of the best academic information websites,
selected by teachers and library professionals worldwide, in order
to provide to students and teachers current, valid information
for school and university academic projects.
* WebExhibits Catalogue
Highest quality and most interesting exhibits in the Internet.
Accelerated Teacher Resources
Copyright © 1997-2015 By: V. Chris & Thomas M. Tinney, Sr.
All rights reserved. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return To: Family Genealogy and History Internet Education Directory - Wiki